Yala , Sri Lanka
Whale & Dolphin Watching Tour
Whale and Dolphin watching is an exciting experience in the south coast of Sri Lanka. Mirissa is one of best places in the world to see Blue Whales and Sperm Whales on the same sailing. You will have a better chance of seeing these incredible animals during their annual migration from November to April when continental shelf is narrow to the South of Dondra.
- Know before you go
You will be picked up from your hotel and taken to Mirissa Fishery harbour.
You will start a memorable half day whale watching tour in the deep sea of the Indian ocean. In addition to the whales, dolphins, and turtles are also seen in this area. Here you can witness Blue whales, Bryde´s whales, Sperm whales, Fin whales, sometimes Killer whales, and Common Dolphins, Bottlenose dolphins, Spinner Dolphins, Risso's Dolphins and Striped Dolphins with a bit of luck.
Arrive back at the harbour and proceed back to your hotel.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Cost of the boat.
- Snack and water bottles
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (Recommended)
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- To receive a full refund, travelers should cancel before 24 hours of the experience starting date in the local time zone. No refunds will be given after that time period.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Mirissa, Weligama, Koggala, Unawatuna and Galle hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible provided you have a collapsible wheelchair.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.