Yala , Sri Lanka
All Inclusive Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Cave Temple Tour
If you love to explore the wonders of ancient architecture and discover hidden secretes, this tour will give you what you required. You will be amazed by the architecture of Sigiriya rock fortress and unbelievable technology in the 6th Century B.C. The paintings at the cave Temple of Dambulla takes you to a different world of mankind. Both these sites have been nominated as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Know before you go
You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia and driven to Sigiriya
Arrive at Sigiriya and start climbing the rock fortress. Sigiriya is famous for its toadstool of golden-hued granite, protruding into the searing blue sky from a hot, flat wilderness of scrub-land, which is transformed in the rainy season to a water garden
Enjoy your lunch at Oakray Inamaluwa Restaurant
Arrive at Dambulla cave Temple that was built by King Walagambahu in the 1st century B.C. It is the most impressive of Sri Lanka's cave temples. The complex of five caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and ceilings, is the largest area of paintings found in the world. It contains over 150 images of the Buddha and the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock and spanning 14 meters.
Leave Dambulla and proceed back to your hotel in Colombo.
You will be dropped off at your hotel in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an Air-conditioned vehicle in Negombo, Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Kalutara
- Sightseeing tours with service of an English-Speaking chauffeur guide
- Entrance fees to Sigiriya Rock fortress, Sigiriya Museum & Dambulla Cave Temple
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Refreshments and water bottles
- Parking and Highway Charges
- All Government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (Recommended)
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- To receive a full refund, travelers should cancel before 24 hours of the experience starting date in the local time zone. No refunds will be given after that time period.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Negombo, Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Kalutara hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the Pick up location.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You must wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred or holy places.
- You must bring a valid passport for entering the sites.