Yala , Sri Lanka
Hot Air Ballooning in Sigiriya
Enjoy the picturesque landscape at sunrise, as nature awakens to the first rays of the sun and to your planned 60 (approx.) minute flight. Breathe in the wide-open spaces, the panoramic views, nature and the spectacular landmarks. The on-air flight time is one hour (sometimes could be plus or minus). Led by experienced Balloon Pilots, this one our magic ride will be an unforgettable journey over Sri Lanka.
- Know before you go
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the boarding place of the Hot Air Ballooning. Pick up time will vary from 4:45 – 5:15 based on the location of your hotel.
Experience assisting the pilot and crew in preparing the balloon for takeoff. Our experienced crew will help you assist in getting the 350,000cu foot envelope ready for inflation which is almost as memorable as the journey. Balloons usually fly between 500 – 2000 feet from the ground totally in the hands of the winds, gracefully moving in the air. While in the air enjoy the breath-taking beauty from above and take as much photos and videos as you please. The Pilot will be happy to answer as many questions you may need to know about flying or the area.
Landing and then the endeavors of the retrieval by our ground crew together with the pilot, at his best, displaying the finer techniques of landings and maneuvers. It’s all part of the flight experience. The final pack-up of the envelope and equipment plus lots of laughs and photos add to the memories.
At landing the flight will be toasted with champagne, there is also fruit juice and chilled bottled water. This is called the landing ceremony or socializing moment where complete strangers become friends.
You will be driven back to your hotel.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off by Air conditioned vehicle
- 1-Hour Balloon Flight
- Cold Water on Board
- After Flight Celebration
- Flight Certificate & Insurance
- All Government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Inclusions
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Children 6 Years and younger are not allowed.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 49 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: No Cancellation Fee
- Within 48 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows - 100% Cancellation Fee.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Sigiriya, Dambulla, Habarana & Kandalama hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Before your flight, you have an open buffet Sri Lankan breakfast at our take-off launch while you watch how we inflate the balloons. As the leading operator we are the first and only to offer this service.
- Sri Lanka Balloon Rides generally take place in the early morning (because the weather is more stable), and the average distance we cover, in accordance with the wind speed and direction, is anywhere from one to ten miles.
- A personalized flight certificate is presented to each passenger after landing. We’ve been the first to launch this tradition in Sri Lanka.
- Flights are dependent on good weather conditions. In case of flight cancellation due to bad weather conditions, full amount will be refunded.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.