Yala , Sri Lanka
Guided Hike to Single Tree Hills from Nuwara Eliya
Hike up Single Tree Hill, the most panoramic vantage point of Nuwara Eliya which gives an extraordinary view of the city below. It is the ninth highest peak in Sri Lanka (2100 meters), rising only 250 meters above the Nuwara Eliya city. From the summit of this hill, you could absorb the beauty of the Haggala Mountain, Pidurutalagala range, Lake Gregory and the whole of the northern slice of the Horton Plains.
- Know before you go
Meet your guide in Nuwara Eliya and after an introduction, set out through the tea estates. Wear comfortable shoes and bring clothes suitable for warm, windy, or rainy conditions.
Walk up through the lush tea plantations, following the dirt track coiling up the slopes. Stop for energy bars on route, admiring the beautiful tea country as you rest and your guide points out places of interest. A backup vehicle will accompany you in case it’s needed.
Reach the top and enjoy an hour to admire the spectacular views and famous lone tree. Gaze down over Nuwara and Lake Gregory, and depending on the weather, absorb the panoramic views of the Haggala Mountains and peaks of Sri Pada and Piduruthalagala.
Hike down to Lake Gregory.
Enjoy a waterside picnic lunch of pasta, a boiled egg, sausages, and fruit.
You will be dropped off at your hotel by TukTuk.
- Pick up and drop off
- Picnic Lunch
- Refreshments with energy slabs
- First aid & Back up vehicle for emergency transport
- Support staff
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (Recommended)
- Children 10 Years and younger are not recommended.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- 49 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: No Cancellation Fee
- Within 48 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows - 100% Cancellation Fee.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Nuwara Eliya hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the Pickup location.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.