Yala , Sri Lanka
Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Polonnaruwa
This tour gives you an opportunity to explore two most important UNESCO world heritage sites in Sri Lanka, the second kingdom of Polonnaruwa and the Rock fortress of Sigiriya. You will be amazed by the ancient architecture and magnificent buildings and their ruins in these two historical Kingdoms.
- Know before you go
You will be picked up from your hotel in Kandy and driven to Polonnaruwa
Arrive at Polonnaruwa and take a morning cycling tour of one of the better kept ruins of ancient Ceylon – the UNESCO World Heritage City of Polonnaruwa, which was the medieval capital of Sri Lanka. You will be cycling about 10km on soft surfaces as you whizz between the ruins.
On completion of the sightseeing, you will be driven to Sigiriya. Enjoy your lunch at Oakray Restaurant in Sigiriya.
Visit Sigiriya rock fortress. It is a magnificent archeological site located in central Sri Lanka, built by King Kasyapa in 477 – 495 AD and it’s a popular tourist destination among the photography tourists.
You will be taken back to your hotel in Kandy. Arrive at the hotel approximately at 19:30.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional English speaking guide
- Lunch at Oakray Restaurant
- Entrance fee to Polonnaruwa Ancient city and Sigiriya Rock fortress
- All current taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 49 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: No Cancellation Fee
- Within 48 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows - 100% Cancellation Fee.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Kandy hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You must wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred or holy places.
- If you are pregnant, you should not take part.
- You must bring a valid passport for entering the sites.