Yala , Sri Lanka
Village and Lagoon Cycling Tour in Galle
Experience the countryside of Galle on a memorable cycling tour. You will enjoy the rural countryside attractions and admire the life of rural villagers. This tour will also give you a bird watching experience in a lagoon. The total cycling trail is just 12 kilometers.
- Know before you go
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the starting point of the cycling tour. Before collecting your helmets and bicycles, our guide will give a brief introduction about the tour. Then, you will be taken through small dirt roads to a local village.
our guide will explain about the culture and rituals of this village whilst cycling to the lagoon passing mangroves vegetation. Here you will be able to witness many birds and other endemic flora and fauna.
After cycling around the lagoon, you will continue a short journey on the main road and stop for a refreshing king coconut drink before heading back to the final destination.
At the end of the cycling tour, you will be taken back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Light refreshments
- Water bottles
- First Aid, Helmets and Bicycles
- Cycling guide
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Children 10 Years and younger are not recommended.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- To receive a full refund, travelers should cancel before 24 hours of the experience starting date in the local time zone. No refunds will be given after that time period.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Galle and Unawatuna hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You must be able to ride a bicycle on your own.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.