Yala , Sri Lanka
Madu River Safari and Turtle Farm Tour
Take a guided tour to Bentota and enjoy a boat tour in Madu Ganga. Located in Balapitiya, Madu Ganga is famous for its unique mangrove vegetation lines and caves. A relatively unspoiled lagoon, the Madu Ganga estuary is a 915-hectare complex coastal wetland ecosystem that opens to the Indian Ocean. You will also visit a Turtle Hatchery in Kosgoda before completing your Half day tour.
- Know before you go
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Balapitiya.
You will start a memorable boat tour in Madu river. In this boat trip, you can see kraal-fishing constructions and fishermen making their way in rowing boats to collect their day's catch. The occasional blue kingfisher flies near the kraal, a pond heron stands tall in the water and other wetland birds are arisen from their slumber. Worship at temple island, fish therapy and visit to a cinnamon island are some of the activities you do during this boat ride.
Leave to visit a Turtle Hatchery. Kosgoda is famous for its sea turtle conservation project operated by the Wild Life Protection Society of Sri Lanka. It was established in 1988 to protect Sri Lanka’s turtles from extinction. Since then it has released about 3.5 million baby turtles into the sea.
You will be driven back to your hotel. You will arrive back to your hotel approximately at 19:30hrs.
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Service of a local guide
- Cost of Boat ride
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (Recommended)
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- To receive a full refund, travelers should cancel before 24 hours of the experience starting date in the local time zone. No refunds will be given after that time period.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Colombo, Wadduwa, Kalutara Galle, Unawatuna and Hikkaduwa hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the Pickup location.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You should wear comfortable clothing.