Yala , Sri Lanka
James Taylor's Tea Story Tour from Kandy
Enjoy a historical tea experience in the Loolkandura Estate where the very first patch of tea was planted in Sri Lanka. During this 6-hour private tour, visit the tea plantation, James Taylor Seat , Tea Tree, James Taylor Statue, the Loolecondera Tea Factory, James Taylor Log Cabin and weighing stations, while accompanied by your local English speaking guide.
- Know before you go
Receive an early-morning pickup from your hotel in Kandy, after which you’ll journey for one hour to reach Taylor Hill, site of the Loolkandura Estate.
Start your visit by learning about the estate’s origins, including its creation by planter James Taylor.
You’ll spend the next several hours visiting the many highlights of the plantation created by Mr. Taylor, including a favorite chair once used by Taylor himself, a statue erected in his honor, and a log cabin the planter once called his home. You’ll also tour the Loolkandura Tea Factory, which still packages tea to this day, and see the weighing stations where the fresh leaves are brought in from the fields for processing. A full listing of itinerary stops is detailed below.
Leave Taylor's hill and proceed back to your hotel. You will arrive to your hotel approximately at 14:00
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by TukTuk during sightseeing
- Service of an English Speaking Local guide
- Fruits and a bottle of water per person
- Entrance fees and other related charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 49 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: No Cancellation Fee
- Within 48 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows - 100% Cancellation Fee.
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Kandy hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the Pick up location.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You must wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred or holy places.
- You must bring a valid passport for entering the sites.