The Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) has announced that they had decided to launch a one-day license renewal to tourism service providers. And, the main objective of the initiative is to facilitate the renewal of licenses much faster, which is an annual requirement, and to deliver enhanced satisfaction to the tourism service providers. Furthermore, the Minister pointed out that this initiative would enable an effective service in issuing the annual licenses to over 5,000 registered establishments around the country.
The Minister also said that four teams had been assigned to inspect the relevant establishments prior to their expiry date of the license, so that when they apply with all documents, SLTDA would have the information to issue license.
SLTDA Chairman Johanne Jayaratne said the Standard and Quality Assurance Division of SLTDA was now fully operational on providing license renewals within a day.
Five steps are included in the one day license renewal process.They are as follow.
1) Submit the requested two forms with all the necessary documents between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
2) Collect the receipt of acknowledgement.
3) Payment of Tourism Development Levy (TDL) and renewal fees.
4) Collect your payment receipts and handover copies to the counter.
5) Collect your license between 3:30 pm and 4:15 p.m.